Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Hear Him

Attempting to get certain 5th grade boys to focus on what their teacher deems important rather than what they deem important can be a real challenge. (I don't mean to sound sexist, it's true for certain girls as well.)

My students had to write about themselves in 100 words or less recently. All but one have managed to draft, do some great revising, edit and get my help with editing, and publish (both on paper and on their blogs). This last young man can't get it done.

On Friday I finally told him that I really wanted him to finish this.

His response?

Me too. I really want to be done with this. Don't let this face fool you.

I don't think it was the face that was sending me the message.

2 comments:

organized chaos said...

If this is the same child who made the other comments he certainly has a future ahead of him with that sense of humor. How do you keep a straight face?

Bicknell said...

I linked to you from Greg Farr's Blog shannonprincipal.. and I'm hooked! You make me laugh. If I didn't work in an elementary school I would never believe what you write... but it is so true!