Sunday, July 29, 2007

Here We Go Again...

The students return to school tomorrow. This will be my tenth year of teaching and I'm not feeling the same sort of butterflies that I remember from previous years. I've managed to spend most of this weekend not even thinking about the start of the year. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

One of the positive aspects of the modified calendar is that we start school on a Monday. We get to ease into things with the kids. We had open house on Friday and I met 2/3 of my class. I know most of them from last year, but not too well. It promises to be an exciting year.

Every year is a fresh start in schools - both for the students and for the teachers. Every year I have grand schemes for things I want to accomplish and ways I want things to go. There is no promise that this year I'm more likely to stick to those goals than any other year, but I'll give it a shot one more time.

No comments: